Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pusilanimous, petulant peevishness is in no way Presidential.

Apparently a young man -- Luke Angel -- from the UK sent an e-mail to the White House, in which he referred to Our Dear Leader (cough) as "a prick."

In response, the Obama Administration has banned this young man from the United States of America for life.

As Alan and his commenters point out, this dude is going to be the most thin-skinned ex-President ever. This action makes him look like an over-sensitive Diva pitching the mother of all hissy fits. Political figures are supposed to be a bit above petty retaliations, are they not?

Seriously -- it may look like it's all vacations and photo ops, but Presidentin' is hard. It's not a job for pussies or lily-livers. One can expect that, whatever happens, roughly half the population is going to disagree with you at any given time. Throw in that whole First Amendment angle -- wherein everyone and anyone can offer up criticism, using whatever language they deem appropriate -- and you can expect to hear some not-so-nice things directed at you, your parentage, your spouse, your sexual proclivities and your relative intelligence.

I can say that I feel Barry O's ancestry is hirsute, colorful and bastardized -- which it is -- without fear of repercussion.Plus, I can say it without falling back on "I was drunk when I said it." I'll tell anyone who asks, straight-up, when I am stone-cold sober:

I think Barack Obama is a prick.

This is not a huge secret. A great many of my friends and relatives feel the same. God knows "prick" is one of the more tame aspersions I've cast on him.Those who don't feel similarly are free to feel as they do; we can agree to disagree. Hell, they can say I'm a prick, and I really give no fuck. I'll point out that worse -- much worse -- has been said about many previous Presidents.

In other words, critical and political commentary can be rough; wear your cup. 

You pathetic little prick.

6 comments:

  1. LOL! You said it much better than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reminded that the Brits banned Michael Savage for what he said about Obama, too. I'm not nor have ever been a Savage fan but the Brits will allow anti-American Islamics into the UK from across the world but not Michael Savage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind that BHO is brown on the outside, it is the yellow on the back and the red on the inside that troubles I.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. "in that whole First Amendment angle -- wherein everyone and anyone can offer up criticism, using whatever language they deem appropriate -- and you can expect to hear some not-so-nice things directed at you..."

    That's a problem easily solved: just put some First Amendment Zones about half a mile away from wherever you may be. The proles can have their say while you remain a serene and undisturbed Commander Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully said. Thanks for the giggles,

    ReplyDelete

Play nicely with others, or eat banhammer.