Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Your daily depression...


I went to graduate school in Florida, and spent a glorious year (pre-marriage and actual responsibility) living on the beach in Pensacola. The shack I rented probably should have been condemned -- it was a shit hole par excellence -- but it was worth it to be able to wake up, cross a street and be on a white-as-sugar sand beach with turquoise clear, bath-warm water. Skin cancer be damned; I lived on that beach for a year, sun up to sun down and loved every minute of it.

The damage being done to those beaches right now breaks my fucking heart, to the point I can't even speak of it.

3 comments:

  1. Having spent one glorious year living in Florida and enjoying the same beaches, I hear ya, sistah. It breaks the heart into a million pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For six months, circa 1969, my wife and I lived three blocks from the beach in Biloxi, MS. Unfortunately, the city piped their sewage out into the gulf about a mile offshore. No one in their right mind swam in the surf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely dusgusting. And BP's safety record over the years is appalling.

    ReplyDelete

Play nicely with others, or eat banhammer.